Friday, December 5, 2008

Pumpkin Puppers

This is my three year old lab named Roxy. She enjoys long walks, humping t-shirts, destroying remotes, and playing frisbee. Her favorite snacks are dog treats, dog treats, dog treats, and occasionally her own feces. I bet you're hungry now!

I decided to make my pretty girl some homemade dog treats after my mom recommended this recipe. She had purchased some of these at a bake sale and her picky dogs gobbled them right up so she asked for the recipe. (In case you are wondering, we asked a vet whether pumpkin was okay for dogs and he confirmed that its good for them!)

Pumpkin Puppers
Print this Recipe

Ingredients:

4 Cups (500g) whole wheat flour
2 Cups (200g) wheat germ
1 15 Ounce can of pumpkin
1 Cup water
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
4 Tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
2 Tablespoons Honey

Directions:
1. place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly to combine.

2. Roll out dough on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick and cut into desired shapes.

3. Place cookies on an ungreased foil-lined baking sheet. and bake in a pre heated oven 325 degrees, for 30 to 35 minutes. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.


She loved them so much after I gave her one she followed me around for an hour.

3 comments:

Hezzer said...

Kensington tried to eat my hand because they smelled like the treats. True story. Thanks again for making these for her. She loved them!!

Jamie1022 said...

Feeding dogs pumpkin actually helps prevent them from eating their feces. I must try this recipe as my beagles are notorious poop eaters.

Amy~ said...

Thats funny because for the two weeks I fed them to her, she didn't eat a single turd. Now that they are gone.....not so much.